Registration for PreKindergarten and Kindergarten students for the 2019-2020 school year was held on Wednesday, April 24, from 5:00-7:00 p.m. at Thrall Elementary School.
Students currently enrolled in Thrall ISD’s PreKindergarten program did NOT need to attend this registration. These students will register as returning students in August.
There is an online registration process that must be completed, and directions for this are provided below. This online registration can be done prior to April 24's PreK-Kindergarten Round Up. This online registration can also be completed during April 24's PreK-Kindergarten Round Up, and assistance will be provided then, if needed.
ALL of the following documents MUST BE SUBMITTED AT THIS REGISTRATION for PreK and Kindergarten students:
- Birth Certificate (for assistance in ordering go to www.Texas.gov and select Records)
- PreK students must be four years old on or before September 1, 2019
- Kindergarten students must be five years old on or before September 1, 2019
- Proof of all up-to-date immunizations
- Student’s social security card
- Proof of Residency (current utility/landline telephone bill, current lease, or current mortgage statement)
- Copy of parent/guardian driver’s license
- Proof of income to determine eligibility (PreK ONLY)
Does My Child Qualify for the State-Mandated, No Cost PreKindergarten Program?
To be eligible for enrollment in the state-mandated PreK program, a child must be four years of age on or before September 1, 2019, live in the district, and must:
- Be unable to speak and/or comprehend the English language; or
- Be educationally disadvantaged (eligible for free/reduced lunch program); or
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 11302; or
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States; or
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- Currently or ever have been in the conservatorship of the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code 262.201.
- Children of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as:
- a peace officer under Section 3106.002 Government Code;
- a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or
- an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
What If My Child Does Not Qualify for the State-Mandated, No Cost Prekindergarten Program?
- Children who are four years old on or before September 1, 2019, and do not qualify for the state-mandated Pre-K program, as described above, are eligible to apply for the tuition-based PreK program.
- The amount for PreK tuition for non-qualifying students is $375 per month, $1687.50 a semester, or $3,375 a school year, depending on the payment option you choose.
PreKindergarten and Kindergarten instructional day is 8:00 a.m.-3:35 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact Thrall Elementary office at 512-898-5293.